Nothing delights more than a basket full of posies! This project turns the basket inside out by putting the flowers on the outside.
The large basket takes an enormous amount of flowers, so it’s best to buy dime-store flowers to mix in with the more pricey vintage ones. You can create a cheerful multicoloured basket, like the one here, or a more subtle monochromatic one. Make it even more lush by adding satin or velvet ribbon with the flowers. note: Flower sizes should vary, but a good rule of thumb is to use smaller flowers on smaller baskets and the larger ones on big baskets
Varies, depending on the basket
© 2019 Jennifer Paganelli / Chronicle Books · Reproduced with permission.
- Perfectly DeStressed added Everything Is Coming Up Roses Basket to Jane Austen's Bedroom 12 Aug 23:48
- Alissa B. favorited Everything Is Coming Up Roses Basket 18 Jan 02:29
- Alice N. added Everything Is Coming Up Roses Basket to Room Deco 07 Dec 21:37
- Sofia favorited Everything Is Coming Up Roses Basket 10 Oct 18:08
- PunkyFunk added Everything Is Coming Up Roses Basket to DIY the Room 22 Jun 20:18
- Pimke added Everything Is Coming Up Roses Basket to Blumen 14 Mar 12:33
- Tokki favorited Everything Is Coming Up Roses Basket 06 Nov 21:47
- English Ginger added Everything Is Coming Up Roses Basket to My DIY Room 09 Oct 13:32
- Alecia B. favorited Everything Is Coming Up Roses Basket 01 Aug 15:26
- eFenuska added Everything Is Coming Up Roses Basket to Home 15 May 14:17
Remove the flower heads from the stems of the flowers. Discard the stems and leaves.
Start at the top edge of the basket and glue the flower heads in place. Place the flowers very close together and work your way around the entire top edge. If you are using ribbon, glue it to the basket along with the flowers, either by tying the ribbon into bows and placing it next to a flower or by weaving the ribbon around the flower heads. Continue to glue the flower heads around the basket, working from top to bottom, until the entire basket is completely covered.
If you have extra flower heads, you can glue them to the very top inside edge of the basket so they wrap over the top. Let the glue dry completely before using the basket.