Build your own mini New York skyline.
No collection of iconic buildings of New York would be complete without the Empire State Building, the signature building of the city. It was designed by William F. Lamb of the Shreve, Lamb, and Harmon architectural partnership. The design was based on the drawings for a similar but smaller structure, the twenty-one-story Reynolds Building in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. The Empire State Building is the tallest building in New York, and it is also the third tallest building in North America.
- I-PCNY-017.jpg 912 KB [ Download ]
- Jennifer S. favorited Empire State Building 04 Apr 15:20
- Paulina G. favorited Empire State Building 15 Mar 21:26
- Evril A. favorited Empire State Building 13 Jan 16:00
- Christina H. favorited Empire State Building 02 Sep 15:37
- Helena M. favorited Empire State Building 21 Oct 06:33
- Amy G. favorited Empire State Building 26 May 04:02
- Keith S. favorited Empire State Building 22 May 14:07
- Kristan T. favorited Empire State Building 23 Mar 08:44
- Crafterella added Empire State Building to Carrie Bradshaw's Apartment 23 Jun 19:49
- Georgiiee F. favorited Empire State Building 23 Jul 14:41
Download the template above and print on to thick card. Begin by assembling the main section of the building, Empire 1.
Assemble Empire 2. When dry, attach to Empire 1.
Build the base, Empire 3, making sure to leave the bottom flap (without the square guide) open for now.
Build the spire, Empire 4, by gluing the two pieces spine to spine. To do this, first fold the two sections in half so that each piece is at a right angle, then use a toothpick to apply a thin line of glue along the spine of one piece. With the two pieces folded closed, glue one to the spine of the other. Let dry.
Attach the main section to the base. Glue the bottom flap closed.
With a tiny line of glue along the base of the spire (Empire 4), position it gently onto the top of Empire 2. Keep an eye out for King Kong, Fay Wray, and the biplanes.