Upgrade your hoops with this easy tutorial.
The lightweight wire makes these beauties easy on the ears for sure. The addition of tiny faceted crystals and you are all set for a night on the town. You can also leave them plain for a super simple and clean hoop earring. So lets get to it! Gather your supplies and tools and meet me back here!
- Key West Witch favorited Embellished Wire Spiral Hoop Earrings 11 Sep 12:10
- RareJewel favorited Embellished Wire Spiral Hoop Earrings 21 May 08:44
- Shelly O. replied to a comment on her project Embellished Wire Spiral Hoop Earrings 19 Mar 10:58
- Deborah H. favorited Embellished Wire Spiral Hoop Earrings 10 Mar 05:34
- April M. commented on Embellished Wire Spiral Hoop Earrings 09 Mar 18:19
- April M. favorited Embellished Wire Spiral Hoop Earrings 09 Mar 18:12
- Deb E. favorited Embellished Wire Spiral Hoop Earrings 09 Mar 18:05
- Crafterella featured Embellished Wire Spiral Hoop Earrings 06 Mar 23:00
- laura.hutchison.965 favorited Embellished Wire Spiral Hoop Earrings 05 Mar 01:32
- Mistress Nora of Madness favorited Embellished Wire Spiral Hoop Earrings 02 Mar 23:54
Straighten and cut 18 inches of 18 gauge wire. Cut in half. File each end of the wires smooth.
Make a tiny bend in your 24 gauge wire giving yourself about a 6 inch tail. This will be your wrapping wire. Slide the bend along the top of the spiral hoop until you are about 2 inches from the end of the spiral. Using the tail, wrap the smaller gauge wire five to six times around. Leave the end for now. We will trim it later. If your wire is loose and sliding, give it a squeeze with flat nose pliers of use crimping pliers. I personally like using the crimping pliers as it will not squish the wraps.
Trim the wrapping wire tail from the beginning at the front of the spiral away from where the spiral will hit in the ear lobe.
If you find that your wraps are too loose and sliding, drop a bit of glue like Hypo-Cement on the beginning and end wraps. Repeat for second earring.
Adjust your spirals back into shape.