Don't Buy, DIY: Embellished Short-Sleeve Sweater
Okay, there's not much of a price difference there, but still...
Fa la la la la! I love the holidays!!
But one thing I don't love is all the correspondence it entails. Email just won't cut it at this time of year.
Sorry for the short absence from the WWW - just been overwhelmed with sending holiday packages, cards, New Year's greetings, baking Christmas cookies, and gift-shopping.
7 packages, 27 cards, 11 packages of cookies, 9 holiday letters with photos later...I always overachieve this time of year and end up dropping off the face of the planet for about a week. Plus, spending an hour and a half standing in line at the post office yesterday (in THREE separate lines - one for parking, one for the automatic postal machine, and one for the window) can put anyone into a bit of a bah humbug mood. Or make one go postal. Yuk yuk yuk. Can anyone relate?
But I love the holidays - all the festivities of, all the traditions - seriously, the most happy times growing up.
I wanted to share a DIY I finished a little while ago with all of you.
Perhaps you or your SO has a fuzzy gray sweater or fleece in need of a makeover?
Who says winter sweaters have to be long-sleeved? This one is super-cute with armwarmers, gloves, or another layer underneath for when the weather outside is frightful.
Scanned from Vivi December 2009 issue. What can I say - I love this magazine maybe a bit too much!:-)
So I figured, why not make this from an oversized sweater? (after the jump)
DIY: MEN'S SWEATER TO EMBELLISHED SHORT-SLEEVE TOP
- Alma added Embellished Short Sleeve Sweater to Recycling T-shirts 15 Jan 16:48
- Alma commented on Embellished Short Sleeve Sweater 15 Jan 16:47
- Xfluffy_unitatoX favorited Embellished Short Sleeve Sweater 17 Nov 02:01
- Stephanie N. favorited Embellished Short Sleeve Sweater 31 Jan 12:09
- shelly.anderson.547 favorited Embellished Short Sleeve Sweater 02 Mar 20:56
- FanDanBanana added Embellished Short Sleeve Sweater to Shirts 20 Feb 20:44
- FanDanBanana favorited Embellished Short Sleeve Sweater 20 Feb 20:43
- Jaleesa B. favorited Embellished Short Sleeve Sweater 21 Nov 01:25
- Taba__tina favorited Embellished Short Sleeve Sweater 05 Oct 12:59
- Mennen G. favorited Embellished Short Sleeve Sweater 31 Aug 23:28
Sew CB line all the way to the cut edge. (not pictured)
Turn hem under once more and re-stitch hemline. (not pictured)
Cut off excess of CB seam. (not pictured - obviously, I got lazy here)
Turn under seam allowance around neckline, and stitch down. (not pictured)
These little jewels were in a multisize pack of 25 for about $3.99 at Jo-Ann's.And the shirt was $6.99 at Goodwill. Super-warm!
Happy DIY'ing...and Happy Birthday to me! (It's today!) Not quite sure the appropriate emotional response...but hopefully I'm another year wiser! (Maybe to avoid the P.O. after December 15 next year?)