Elmo sugar cookies decorated with royal icing
I made these cookie as party favors for my daughter's 2nd birthday. She loves Elmo!
- Oscar Marshall favorited Elmo Cookies 24 Jun 06:29
- Ikon K. favorited Elmo Cookies 05 Oct 10:30
- Bradley Rowe favorited Elmo Cookies 17 Sep 07:23
- Donette Hayes favorited Elmo Cookies 02 Aug 10:08
- Kevin Leonard favorited Elmo Cookies 31 Jul 06:25
- Mable Silva favorited Elmo Cookies 26 Jul 07:19
- zjowies h. favorited Elmo Cookies 05 Apr 10:02
- Charlie K. added Elmo Cookies to pretty easy 17 Feb 20:55
- Robyn A. favorited Elmo Cookies 30 Jan 13:30
- Theruni S. added Elmo Cookies to Craft Ideas 13 Jan 08:38
Make your favorite sugar cookie recipe (mine is from Peggy Porschen's book "Pretty Party Cakes") and chill for at least 30 minutes. Then roll out your dough and use an Elmo cookie cutter to cut out the shapes. (Mine is made by Wilton, but if you can't find one you can also make a paper template to cut out the cookie shapes with a knife).
Bake and let cool on a wire rack.
Make your royal icing and divide into four portions - a large portion to be colored red, and the rest equally divided to be white, colored orange, and colored black.
Store the colored royal icing in separate airtight containers, and always keep covered when you are not using them.
Use stiff black icing to pipe your borders - start with the eyes, then the nose, then the outline of the face, and finall the mouth. Let dry for about an hour.