Wedding wrist warmers in silk
Circumference: Approx. 16cm (6¼in) at narrowest point
Total length: 28cm (11in)
Length of thumb gusset: 7cm (2¾in)
From end of gusset to end of wrist warmers: 4.5cm (1¾in)
19 rows x 17 sts = 5 x 5cm (2 x 2in) in stocking stitch (US stockinette stitch)
- 114989_2F2016-09-21-102448-Elisabet_diagram1.eps 619 KB [ Download ]
- Lanzy Kitsune added Elisabeth Gloves to wear 19 Dec 00:44
- Victorian Dreamer favorited Elisabeth Gloves 24 Jan 06:09
- Nachtwindrose favorited Elisabeth Gloves 25 Nov 15:25
- Rhea W. favorited Elisabeth Gloves 17 Oct 19:33
- Shawnshawn D. favorited Elisabeth Gloves 17 Oct 04:12
- Crafterella featured Elisabeth Gloves 07 Oct 23:00
- FallenBeyond favorited Elisabeth Gloves 03 Oct 00:06
- Helen W. favorited Elisabeth Gloves 02 Oct 09:21
- Search Press published her project Elisabeth Gloves 28 Sep 09:00
Cast on 3 sts and work as per Chart 1 (see page 32), starting at Row 1. Work this part by turning. When you get to Row 37 in the chart, divide the knitting across 4 double-pointed needles and knit round until you reach Row 49.
After Row 49, repeat Rows 50–51 ten times. Continue by repeating these rows, knitting the thumb gusset at the same time.
Thumb gusset: right wrist warmer
After 34 sts: Pm, k1, pm; the increases should be worked inside these markers.
Row 1: Work up to the first marker, sm, m1r, k to marker, m1l, sm, work remaining stitches as per established pattern.
Rows 2–3: K.
Repeat these 3 rows seven times. You will now have 15 sts between the markers. Set these aside on a piece of yarn and cast on a new stitch in the thumb hole on the next row.
Thumb gusset: left wrist warmer
This is worked the same way as the right wrist warmer but the markers are placed after 9 sts.
When you have knitted the gusset, continue to repeat Rows 50–51 four times.
Work Rows 52–57 of the chart, then knit twisted ribbing: *K1tbl, p1*, repeat from * to * to end of row for 5 rows.
Cast off in rib.
Pick up the 15 sts you set aside for the thumb gusset and pick up 7 sts in the thumb hole. You will now have a total of 22 sts. Knit twisted ribbing: *K1tbl, p1* for 5 rows.
Cast off in rib.
Fasten off all ends and block the wrist warmers.