A different mousemat for my fella
Inspired by the shield-style mousemat in World of Geekcraft by Susan Beale but with an Elder Scrolls twist!
Sorry about the sideways image, not sure why it's doing that.
- Knittin' Kitten entered their project Elder Scrolls Shield Mousemat to Noisemakers Club 13 Jun 10:04
- Knittin' Kitten entered their project Elder Scrolls Shield Mousemat to Singer Christmas Contest 08 Dec 13:34
- Knittin' Kitten entered their project Elder Scrolls Shield Mousemat to Punchdrunk Panda 01 Sep 12:45
- Knittin' Kitten entered their project Elder Scrolls Shield Mousemat to Petits Pixels 30 Jun 14:19
- Lotusburger favorited Elder Scrolls Shield Mousemat 20 Dec 07:49
- Isa B. favorited Elder Scrolls Shield Mousemat 03 Dec 10:08
- llJulie favorited Elder Scrolls Shield Mousemat 26 Aug 00:18
- Raven Beauty favorited Elder Scrolls Shield Mousemat 14 Aug 05:43
In World of Geekcraft, the shield is made using some wood and a jigsaw, and comes out a very different shape. I don't own a jigsaw so I ordered this online. It's meant to be for mounting heads on, so it's quite thick - my boyfriend's mouse is super sensitive so it doesn't matter that it moves around a bit.
I used a collection of Elder Scrolls imagery for the design, incorporating rune letters and logos of the different games - mostly Morrowind, which is his favourite. I drew it on with a pencil first.
I traced out the shape onto a piece of felt and just glued it on the back so it rests comfortably on the surface.
I then painted on the design with black and gold paint, using a ruler for the triangle and then freehand for the rest. I had to go over it a good few times, both for layering and because I kept making mistakes!
Then varnished the whole of the front.