Maxi dress out of an old sheet
I made this dress out of an old sheet that I liked. I had made dresses like this for my daughters dolls and wanted one for myself.
The most time was drawing the lines on to follow and sewing the elastic along them.
- Hollie P. added Elastic Maxi Dress to saving for later 24 Aug 13:47
- Glenda W. favorited Elastic Maxi Dress 23 Jun 04:56
- Debi added Elastic Maxi Dress to Dress Ideas 27 Oct 21:15
- Jaybird added Elastic Maxi Dress to dresses 26 Jul 07:46
- Eva.Sugai favorited Elastic Maxi Dress 24 Mar 03:16
- Denise D. added Elastic Maxi Dress to MAXI DRESS 25 Feb 09:43
- Denise D. favorited Elastic Maxi Dress 25 Feb 09:43
Load your BOBBIN with the shirring elastic. Some saw do this by hand but I used the wind bobbin part of machine, just make sure it is a loose tension.
Load the sewing thread up and set for straight stitch.
Sew along all the lines fabric right side up. Include a hem at the top still using elastic
Change the bobbin elastic for thread and zigzag/overlock (I zigzagged!)the seam at the back making sure you have all the elastic caught in the seam.
I left a split near the bottom about the length of my knee to ankle.
Sew the hem at bottom and put on to show off!