Don't Buy...D.I.Y.: Elastic-Banded Pumps
D.I.Y. Removable Shoe Elastics...Just for the Hell of It.
This is soooo simple!
- Alma added Elastic Banded Pumps to Shoes 24 Jul 13:28
- Key West Witch added Elastic Banded Pumps to Belts & Shoe Adornment 19 Mar 11:38
- Xfluffy_unitatoX favorited Elastic Banded Pumps 17 Nov 02:03
- Cat Morley added Elastic Banded Pumps to PJ Harvey 24 Aug 22:19
- Maemi.Gojo added Elastic Banded Pumps to Shoes 02 Jun 08:46
- WaterAngel added Elastic Banded Pumps to Shoes 05 May 05:27
- eFenuska favorited Elastic Banded Pumps 29 Apr 18:02
- eFenuska added Elastic Banded Pumps to Shoes 29 Apr 18:02
- ShoujoMadness favorited Elastic Banded Pumps 08 Mar 08:58
- xxkayxx favorited Elastic Banded Pumps 20 Nov 00:55
Start by puting on the pair of shoes you want to adorn with elastics. Wrap a piece of thick elastic around the upper part of your foot (halfway onto your arch). The band needs to go all the way around the pump and overlap about a 1/2" on the underside, in front of the heel. Make sure it's tight so it won't slip down (just not too tight since we don't want to crush our foot bones!).
Cut elastic to correct length.
Sew on a sewing machine - just reinforcing the overlap area on the elastic. I've found they work best when the elastic overlaps at an angle - NOT one side meeting the other side exactly - to accommodate the curve of your foot. Repeat for other elastic.
See? The meeting of the two ends is at an angle - NOT straight on. Only really necessary for 1.5" wide elastic like this; for the thinner types of elastic it doesn't really matter.
and sparkly silver ribbon for yet a third look. Both have thinner pieces of elastic sewn onto the ends of the contrasting ribbons. (The elastic is only about 1.5" long in-between, for the underlay part and to allow the band to slide over the widest part of the shoe at the toe.)You could do virtually anything! Chain overlaid onto stain...frilly ribbon with grosgrain in the center...a line of sequins...anything at all!