Nice and cozy. I think I'm going to live in this now...
It's as simple as it gets.
A rectangle and a zipper.
I've been wanting to make one for ages and have had a few tries to get it perfect.
Totally cozy and you can alter this with pockets on the inside if you want or make it longer by increasing the width of your cape.
I'm completely in love with mine.
You can use whatever material really.
**I've used a wool blend on the outside with a cotton lining.
If you can't be bothered I make these custom and sell them on etsy :)
- drevanhoussen favorited Easy Peasy Cape Shawl Thing 13 May 12:55
- Fabi C. favorited Easy Peasy Cape Shawl Thing 26 Jul 05:41
- Kristen P. favorited Easy Peasy Cape Shawl Thing 01 Jul 08:56
- Cinn favorited Easy Peasy Cape Shawl Thing 26 Sep 14:05
- Emma G. favorited Easy Peasy Cape Shawl Thing 25 Jul 07:18
- Flail of the flair entered their project Easy Peasy Cape Shawl Thing to The Ultimate DIY Competition 24 Aug 18:29
Cut out a rectangle of each the fabric and the lining measuring
*54 inches long
**30 inches wide
*I'm fairly average shoulder width (about 42inches around the shoulders), It's a good idea after this step to just pin it and try it on.
**if you want to increase/decrease length of the cape, alter this measurement as suites.
RE: Length.. if you increase/decrease remember change your zipper length.