A quick craft project that is fun, easy, and free!
I've got a project to share with you today that is amazing for three reasons: 1) It's basically free 2) It's easy enough that anyone can do it, even little ones and 3) It's fast! In just a few minutes you will have a brand new bookmark, and if you're like me, you'll say "Oooh that was fun, let's make another!" On top of all that, the finished product is pretty cute. The only thing you need is paper, although I used a vintage greeting card and it worked perfectly.
- Christine P. added Easy Origami Bookmarks to Upcycle Crafts, etc. 13 Sep 22:04
- Poppy C. favorited Easy Origami Bookmarks 07 Nov 21:56
- blufairy favorited Easy Origami Bookmarks 18 Oct 03:23
- Maddy W. favorited Easy Origami Bookmarks 27 Sep 22:44
- Mddyx3 added Easy Origami Bookmarks to Bookmarks 18 Sep 23:20
- Mddyx3 favorited Easy Origami Bookmarks 18 Sep 23:06
- Jasmine S. favorited Easy Origami Bookmarks 27 Aug 06:30
- Angela K. favorited Easy Origami Bookmarks 18 Jul 01:04
- 02jhseaby favorited Easy Origami Bookmarks 21 Jun 18:00
- 02jhseaby added Easy Origami Bookmarks to Try 21 Jun 17:59
If your paper is not already a square, cut it so that it is. The size of the square doesn't matter- just keep in mind that the finished bookmark will be 1/4 the size of the paper so don't go too small.
Fold the paper in half. Open it and fold in half again the other way, forming a cross.
Make one diagonal fold. Crease this fold forward and backward.
Your project should now contain 4 squares, 2 with creases through the center and 2 without. Choose one of the squares with no crease and fold it so that the corner of the paper meets the center point.
In the same direction as the last fold, fold the paper upward so that you have a triangle shape.
Pick up the paper. The left and right sides of your triangle should each have creases. Use these creases to fold the corners in toward the center.
Continue folding the corners inward until they meet in the middle. Your bookmark should be starting to take shape.
Press the finished bookmark flat on the front and back. All done!