A simple & rewarding crochet project.
Use string or twine with some colorful wool to add a pop of color to these simple crochet baskets. I battled to find an easy pattern to suit my limited stitch vocabulary, but I eventually managed to put together a pattern based on a few others. I think they turned out quite nicely. I hope you enjoy them too!
- RareJewel favorited Easy Crochet Baskets 10 Jul 11:28
- Libby W. favorited Easy Crochet Baskets 15 May 18:02
- js-m crafts favorited Easy Crochet Baskets 29 Apr 11:13
- Karina R. favorited Easy Crochet Baskets 28 Jun 08:44
- Jen S. added Easy Crochet Baskets to Cate's room ideas 03 Mar 01:13
- Jen S. favorited Easy Crochet Baskets 02 Mar 21:13
- ZombieUnicorn favorited Easy Crochet Baskets 14 Jan 22:27
- Sofia favorited Easy Crochet Baskets 10 Oct 18:03
- Pbnjxx added Easy Crochet Baskets to For the Home 25 Jul 22:16
- bbambina favorited Easy Crochet Baskets 12 Jul 04:39
ch – chain
sl st- slip stitch
sc- single crochet
dc- double crochet
1) ch 5, join with sl st to form ring.
2) ch 3, 11 dc into ring, join with sl st into 3rd ch of first stitch (12 dc in total)
3) ch 3, 2 dc into each stitch, join with sl st into 3rd ch of first stitch (24 dc in total)
4) ch3, *2 dc into first stitch, 1 dc into next stitch*, repeat around, join with sl st into 3rd ch of first stitch (36 dc in total)
5) ch3, *2 dc into first stitch, 1 dc into next stitch, 1 dc into next stitch*, repeat around, join with sl st into 3rd ch of first stitch (48 dc in total). If you want a basket with a larger diameter, you can continue in this fashion until desired (ie increase the number of single dc stitches with each round)
6) sc into back loop of each stitch of the previous round. This will form the bottom edge of the basket.
7) Complete the side of the basket with either one sc or one dc into each stitch of the previous row, until sides have the desired height. Swop to coloured wool to create stripes, or a top edge.
8) Finish off with a row of sc.
I hope that all makes sense! These little baskets are perfect to store little things around the home, but you can make them as big as you like.