For any cheap candle lover
This is a really easy and cheap way to make a candle, and it's also a great way to recycle. Any glass jar will do, I used an old jam jar. Just make sure you give it a good wash. Cut a length of cotton wool to reach from the bottom to top of the jar, with a little bit extra at the end. Leave the wool positioned in the jar (to act as a wick).
- Libby W. added Easy Candle to Homewares 22 Apr 19:53
- Markee R. entered her project Easy Candle to Cherry Walls 13 Jan 17:26
- jessica.boulanger.10 favorited Easy Candle 24 Nov 04:25
- jjanellevent92 added Easy Candle to art/diy 21 Feb 06:39
- Aubrie S. favorited Easy Candle 19 Feb 01:45
- KARMA favorited Easy Candle 18 Feb 22:35
- Markee R. replied to a comment on her project Easy Candle 16 Feb 10:23
- Melissa G. favorited Easy Candle 16 Feb 03:35
- Naomi D. favorited Easy Candle 15 Feb 17:57
- Libby W. favorited Easy Candle 14 Feb 19:31
Any time you burn your candles, pour a bit of the excess wax into the jar, holding the wool in the centre of the jar. If you do not hold it, the wick will fall to one side. Continue doing this until you have filled the jar. When you are pouring, make sure to get some wax on the cotton wool as well, this will make it stiff and much easier to light.
It's a great way to prevent excess wax from falling out of your candles. Prevents any waste of candle wax, and leaves you with a lovely multi-coloured and scented candle.