Decapitation not required
To make cake (used Betty Crocker's recipe):
You Will Need
Move oven rack to low position so that tops of pans will be in center of oven. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottoms only of 1 loaf pan and 2 muffin cups.
Mix sugar and butter in large bowl. Stir in eggs until well blended. Add bananas, buttermilk and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt just until moistened. Stir in nuts. (I always omit as I am allergic). Pour into pans.
Bake loaf about 1 1/4 hours and muffins about 20 min, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Loosen sides of loaves from pans; remove from pans and place top side up on wire rack. Cool completely, about 2 hours.
1. Take three toothpicks and insert them into the bottom of one of the cupcakes. Stick cupcake one one end of loaf for the head. Repeat with the second cupcake for the tail.
2. Frost the cake.
3. Press coconut into icing. BE SURE TO RESERVE SOME COCONUT.
4. Dye 6 toothpicks pink for whiskers using food colouring.
5. Use candy to make a nose and eyes. Insert pink toothpicks. If you have icing left over, put some gobs in the front for paws. Make some ears out of paper and marker and tape to the last two toothpicks and put on top of the head.
6. In a tupperware container or jar, put remaining coconut and some green food colouring and shake it up. Distribute around the cake on the plate for 'grass'. Decorate plate with some easter candies.
7. Serve with ice cream :)