A very easy knitted hat for people who find lots of stitches/circular knitting scary!!
I found this pattern on The Guradian newspaper website. I attempted it and finished within a few hours! You can make this hat bigger/smaller by changing the size of needles you use, and the thickness of your wool. I like using big chunky wool for this, but you can use anything! You can also add stripes and stuff to make it look better :)
- Cindy S. favorited Easiest Hat Ever! 01 Nov 03:22
- Cara B. favorited Easiest Hat Ever! 15 Jan 16:54
- Babs S. favorited Easiest Hat Ever! 26 Nov 02:03
- Ali favorited Easiest Hat Ever! 16 Nov 09:45
- Chelsea g. added Easiest Hat Ever! to knitting 09 Jul 03:59
- Jennifer B. added Easiest Hat Ever! to Cuteness! 21 Jun 02:30
- Jennifer B. favorited Easiest Hat Ever! 21 Jun 02:30
- KellBell favorited Easiest Hat Ever! 14 Jun 15:09
- Melody M. favorited Easiest Hat Ever! 04 Apr 07:49
- Deborah F. favorited Easiest Hat Ever! 09 Mar 10:38
THE HEADBAND BIT:
Cast on 36 stitches. For a short hat, do eight rows of knit three, purl three. For a longer hat do 9-12 rows.
Knit four, six or eight rows of stocking stitch (first row, K; second row P; third row K; fourth row P, etc), depending on how long you want your hat. Always do an even number of rows.
This part always remains the same, whatever size you want your hat.
Row one: (K2tog, K4) six times
Row two: Purl
Row three: (K2tog, K3) six times
Row four: Purl
Row five: (K2tog, K2) six times
Row six: Purl
Row seven: (K2tog, K1) six times
Row eight: P2tog
Sew the sides together, and you have a hat! :)