Easy, delicious biscuits - vegan friendly too!
Makes 16 biscuits
1/2 cup of vegan sunflower margarine
1/2 cup of icing sugar
Couple of drops of vanilla extract
1 cup + 2 tablespoons of plain flour
1/8 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
1/8 teaspoon of salt
The contents of 3 Earl Grey teabags
- Ruby Autumn favorited Earl Grey Shortbread 19 Dec 19:15
- Melissa Beth added Earl Grey Shortbread to Foodening 14 Nov 11:18
- ElizabethJuddTaylor added Earl Grey Shortbread to Picnic with Nessie 08 Apr 15:53
- Emma H. favorited Earl Grey Shortbread 17 Jul 16:32
- Emma H. added Earl Grey Shortbread to Steampunk Tea Party 17 Jul 16:32
- Kaiulani W. favorited Earl Grey Shortbread 10 Jul 01:27
- jimi c entered her project Earl Grey Shortbread to Pop Bakery 16 Aug 15:06
- jimi c entered her project Earl Grey Shortbread to Go Vegan 2011 Contest 16 Dec 10:34
Preheat the oven to 350f/ 180C.
Grease and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
Using an electric whisk beat the margarine until creamy. Add the vanilla and icing sugar and beat again.
In a separate bowl, sift together the flour and bicarbonate of soda. Stir in the contents of the teabags.
Fold this mixture into the margarine mix in two batches. Add a bit more flour if too sticky.
Roll out on a floured board. cut out with your favourite cookie cutters.
Transfer to the baking tray and bake for 12-14 minutes until they start to turn golden.
Allow to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire cooling rack.
Whilst they cool put the kettle on and make yourself a pot of Earl Grey.