Yummy tummy dumplings!
One day I was sorting out the freezer at home and pondering what to cook for dinner for my boyfriend and I.. He was sick and still at work so wanting to surprise him I made up a Japanese inspired mushroom and dumpling soup!
- Miss_Fit favorited Dumpling Soup! 22 Mar 18:23
- OH! Its the Domo :3 favorited Dumpling Soup! 28 Jul 01:31
- Mistress Nora of Madness added Dumpling Soup! to cooking/ daughter 16 Jun 01:41
- amanda.shillito favorited Dumpling Soup! 13 Dec 17:14
- Alex B. favorited Dumpling Soup! 08 Dec 08:34
- Kinhime Dragon added Dumpling Soup! to Food 11 Oct 15:57
- mowi m. favorited Dumpling Soup! 09 Feb 09:55
- Emma S. added Dumpling Soup! to Food 06 Feb 04:02
- Lauren J. favorited Dumpling Soup! 05 Feb 22:12
- cristinakilljoyway favorited Dumpling Soup! 18 Jan 17:50
First you'll need the ingredients.
18 dumplings, any kind at all! Even the dim sims from the supermarket work a treat.
1 ltr of water
200mls (roughly) soy sause
3 loose handfuls of egg noodles
3 whole bok choy
2 handfuls of bean sprouts
As many different mushrooms as you can get!
1 large egg
1 small block tofu
First up, pour the water into a large wok or deep fry pan, and pour in 3 tbls sesame oil and 200mls soy sauce. Bring it to a boil.
While you wait for the water to come to a boil, place a fry pan on full heat and fill with cooking oil, enough to shallow fry the tofu. Crack the egg into a small bowl and beat it. Pour the corn flour on a flat plate and cut up the tofu into thin slices.
Dip the tofu into the egg and then cover in corn flour then fry till golden.
When done, put the tofu on a plate with napkins to drain the oil.
Keep in oven to keep warm.
With the remaining egg, pour into the oil and fry till golden on both sides.
With the water now on boil, place all the dumplings (making sure they are defrosted) into the water along with the bok choy and cover. Let boil for 5 minutes.
After 5 minutes put in the egg noodles and cover again for 5 minutes.
When the egg noodles are cooked, put the rest of the ingredients into the wok and mix. Then cover again for another 2 minutes.
Pour into bowls and place the fried egg and tofu on top, and you're done!