Anthroplogie inspired welcome mat DIY
Create this DIY dual Greeting Welcome Mat that is inspired by a mat from Anthroplogie. For less then $7 you can make one of your very own. Personalize it too!
- Cassiefairy added Dual Greeting Welcome Mat to Monica's Apartment 10 Mar 08:13
- Shelley W. added Dual Greeting Welcome Mat to Diane Keaton - DIY the Room 01 Mar 03:08
- Mia added Dual Greeting Welcome Mat to Room Decor 18 Jan 08:17
- amyistheparty favorited Dual Greeting Welcome Mat 19 Nov 19:06
- Xx13.CrowsxX added Dual Greeting Welcome Mat to Idea 08 Jun 22:24
- Kay Bay favorited Dual Greeting Welcome Mat 08 Mar 11:21
- bumblebreeblog published her project Dual Greeting Welcome Mat 07 Jan 04:43
I started off by purchasing a plain mat from Ikea for $5. I measured my very affordable mat and placed some painters tape bellow the half way line. I knew that the small half would be my “Hey” side and the “Bye” would be on the bigger half. This way, when I painted it it would be even.
I then used my Cricut to cut out my greetings from vinyl. I choose to use “Hey” and “Bye” so that they both would have the same number and shape for the letters. This made it easier to keep the size the same and I thought it looked really cool. I also choose a very simple and traditional font, because I don’t want the words to be too cute or fancy. I liked the modern neutral look. I used the words for “Bye”, but used the negative space to create the “Hey” message.
I choose a navy blue furniture paint that I had left over from a failed project. Using a house paint brush, I dabbed the the paint over the correct areas. It was easy to do, but was fairly time consuming. You can see on the above picture where I lifted a piece of the “e” so that I could check the lines of paint. The furniture paint worked perfect and gave me nice crisp lines.