use, then wash, then use again
- Carrie Alice added Drawstring T Shirt Backpack to Crafty 28 Jul 09:51
- Mamatopia favorited Drawstring T Shirt Backpack 14 Mar 18:21
- Elisa G. favorited Drawstring T Shirt Backpack 21 Aug 14:40
- Ada B. added Drawstring T Shirt Backpack to Bags 14 Apr 11:50
- pink favorited Drawstring T Shirt Backpack 06 Apr 04:58
- Grimgirl101 favorited Drawstring T Shirt Backpack 07 Dec 06:04
- Electa added Drawstring T Shirt Backpack to To-make list 03 Dec 17:10
- Mel23 favorited Drawstring T Shirt Backpack 01 Dec 15:59
- Lashanda P. favorited Drawstring T Shirt Backpack 30 Nov 07:10
- Ada B. favorited Drawstring T Shirt Backpack 28 Nov 23:34
Take the two shirts that you want to be the body of the bag and cut the the bottom half of the shirts off (Right below the sleeves.)
Cut these squares down the middle so that you have two pannels from each shirt, then cut these pannels in half, so you have four panels.
Start sewing the panels together in alternating colors. Keep adding pannels until the body of the bag is as wide as you desire it to be. Sew the last panel and the first panel together so you have a tube.
Put this aside.
With the remaining fabric from the first two t-shirts, cut some strips and braid them together.
These braids will make your straps, so you need two of them, and they need to be fairly long, so you may need to stich a few shorter strips together to make the pieces long enough.
Set the braids aside.
Grab the 3rd t-shirt and cut out 3 circles - two for the base, and one for the top.
On the circle piece you are going to use for the top, cut out a circle in the middle so you have a donut shape.
Finally, take remaining fabric from the 3rd t-shirt and braid them together to make the draw string for the top of the bag.
Turn the tube from Step 1 inside out, and thread the two braids up through it. Position the braids in a reasonable distance spart for straps. When they are in the desired position, pin them into place.
Take the two circles for the base of the bag and place them, with the right side facing in toward the center of the bag, on top of the pinned braids, at one end of the tube.
Grab your sewing machine / needle thread and stitch around the circle, attaching the base of the bag, the tube, and the braided straps together
Take the donut circle, and stitch it to the top of the bag. Make sure you also tuck the braids in so that the straps are stitched in place.
Turn everything right side out.
Poke holes around the donut opening and thread the braided strip from the third t-shirt through to make a drawstring.