Inexpensive and easy mythical necklace
This is inspired by Melros's Dragon Egg Necklace at Dad Can Do
The majority of time involved on this project is baking the fimo, allowing it to cool and allowing the paint to dry.
The cost to make this necklace was well under $1.
- Conner W. added Dragon Egg Necklace to craft ideas 11 Jul 00:37
- Conner W. favorited Dragon Egg Necklace 11 Jul 00:36
- Krista C. favorited Dragon Egg Necklace 22 Apr 08:59
- Ichigo M. favorited Dragon Egg Necklace 31 Aug 03:38
- KMOM14 entered her project Dragon Egg Necklace to Accessorize Audrey Kitching 08 Mar 04:53
- Fimo Clay - used less than 1/4 of the brick for this project
- Tulip Glitter Dimensional Paint (or you could use a glitter glue stick)
- Straw (to make a hole in the top of the egg)
- Wooden skewer stick (optional - to hold the egg while painting it)
- Jump ring
Once the egg is dry, put the jump ring through the hole in the top
Then cut ribbon to the length that you would like (mine is around 24 inches) then thread the dragon egg onto until it is centered and tie it to the jump ring.
Then twist the ends together in order to thread the bead onto the necklace.