a little cape for my little pup.
I made this little cape for my dog out of some fleece fabric that I had lying around. I must say my dog loves it, but i think it has to do with the fabric because she hardly ever wears anything made for her or otherwise!
*I have attached the pattern that I created for this project. I would reference that for measurements and I will explain the steps here.
- Key West Witch added Dog Fleece to Pets 30 Jun 13:33
- Charlene T. favorited Dog Fleece 23 Jan 22:59
- Deb E. favorited Dog Fleece 18 Jan 04:08
- gf N. added Dog Fleece to Dog Coats 22 Aug 20:55
- Brittany Marie entered their project Dog Fleece to The Animal Print Shop 21 Jan 17:42
- Bernardette D. favorited Dog Fleece 26 Nov 02:22
- Elaine Luvanimals favorited Dog Fleece 23 Nov 05:49
- Amy B. favorited Dog Fleece 21 Aug 16:46
After taking your pooches measurements and drawing out the pattern, cut it out and pin it to your fabric. Cut out the pattern and the fabric.
When I made my pattern I used this large butcher paper I have and it worked fine. Just look for something that is big enough to work with!
Take the inch above the neck strand and fold it back, making a hem. Sticth this down. Fold the hem in the direction you want to be exposed!
(if you don't want the hem look, avoid adding the extra inch above the neck strap)
Take the hood pattern and cut out two pieces of the same size and shape. I didn't take a specific measurement for the hood, but it is pretty easy to feel how big it needs to be. Stitch up the curved side and turn the hood right side out. With the inside facing out, stitch the shorter end to the hem on the body of the cape.
Get two buttons that match (or don't match. whatever moves you!) take the neck strap and fold it over to it's matching side. Attach a button to the fabric where it is touching. Cut a small hole in the neck strap that matches the button. Do the same for the torso strap!
Try it on your pup!
if there are any questions about directions, feel free to contact me!