Fun craft with dry twigs
The sound of windchime is very soothing and calms your mind. I have 2 windchimes in my bedroom near my window. I thought of replacing one of the chimes with a handmade one so I didn't wait and made one right away. Want to know how I made it? check out the tutorial :)
- Key West Witch favorited D.I.Y Twig Windchime 11 Sep 11:54
- Key West Witch added D.I.Y Twig Windchime to Crafts General 19 Mar 09:18
- Helen W. added D.I.Y Twig Windchime to A Rumble in the Jungle 13 Jan 19:19
- Sarah Sylvia S. favorited D.I.Y Twig Windchime 19 Jul 06:07
- czari v. added D.I.Y Twig Windchime to Fearies room 20 Jun 14:50
- Rainbow Wyvern favorited D.I.Y Twig Windchime 12 Jan 07:58
- WerewolfCas favorited D.I.Y Twig Windchime 07 Jan 09:05
- Miss_Fit favorited D.I.Y Twig Windchime 25 Dec 23:28
- amanda.shillito favorited D.I.Y Twig Windchime 16 Dec 03:06
- Sandra C. added D.I.Y Twig Windchime to Manualitats 22 Jul 14:06
Place 2 twigs in parallel on a flat surface,
Glue 2 more twigs on both sides of the previous twigs to complete the frame.
The plate needs a center for the clapper (clapper touches the chime tubes and causes sound), so glue 2 more twigs to form a cross inside the twig frame.
Allow the glue to dry and the plate will be ready.
Use a longer string for the clapper.
I inserted 2 beads on one side and tied a knot at that end so that the beads don't come out.
Made another knot above the 2 beads, inserted a bead and a flat metal ring.
I measured the length of the string and made sure that the metal ring touches the chime tubes.
Simply wrap the string once or twice around the twig (on its required place) and tie a knot or two, making sure it doesn't come off.
As you can see that the clapper should be placed in the center and the chime tubes should be near the clapper, making sure that the clapper touches the tubes.
For each frame, I attached twig & glass beaded string on two sides and the single glass beaded string on the middle of it. You can come up with your own pattern or design for decorating the wind chime, but make sure to keep a balance on all 4 frames.
You can attach the hanger before adding the chime tubes and other decors or after, as you wish.
Take 4 long strings, fold each string into half for better strength.
Take the strings through the corners of the frame (one string for one corner), tie a knot so that it doesn't come out,
After attaching all 4 strings in 4 corners hold them together in the center.
Tie 2-3 knots with an inch gap between them, you can use these gaps as hanging mechanism.