A super quick statement wall with stamps!
A DIY solution for your home if you're looking for a statement wall that's high impact but super easy. And all you need are stamps and some ink.
- Eleanor favorited DIY Stamped Dragonfly Wall 24 May 12:04
- Kay Bay favorited DIY Stamped Dragonfly Wall 21 May 07:18
- MischievousRaven added DIY Stamped Dragonfly Wall to bedroom ideas 20 May 08:21
- MischievousRaven favorited DIY Stamped Dragonfly Wall 20 May 08:21
- Shehzeen R. published her project DIY Stamped Dragonfly Wall 20 May 06:00
Get your materials together.
1. Stamp: You could make your own or buy one. I got mine in a 4 inch size from The English Stamp Company.
2. Stamp pad: Any regular ink pad should do. Pick the color you want. I bought one stamp pad from the same place as the stamp because it was the size of the stamp itself so it was very convenient to just stamp and go. It dried out 3/4 of the wall later so I picked up an ordinary stamp pad from the local stationery store and that worked fine too.
If you want a symmetric placement, like mine, you need the following as well. Otherwise if you want a random pattern, you can skip the below.
3. Basic math: I wanted a symmetric pattern so I measured my wall, calculated how many columns I would need and how far apart they should be from each other.
4. Pencil & Ruler: To mark the points where you place the stamps.
5. Laser Level: So that stamps are all in a straight line and you don’t waste your entire life eyeballing it.
6. Ladder: To reach the higher spots
I measured out the wall and decided how many columns I wanted. With my (average) math skills, I calculated how distant each dragonfly should be from the other, vertically and horizontally. This part's a breeze, trust me.