A how-to for the perfect realistic roses!
While roses may look intimidating to paint, they actually aren't too difficult. This tutorial is aimed to help in the process of painting these beautiful flowers! One thing I would highly recommend is looking at a picture of an actual rose while painting them. It definitely helps with the highlights and shadows.
- Sveta favorited DIY Rose Nail Art 02 Apr 08:24
- mmotse03 favorited DIY Rose Nail Art 29 May 05:11
- wansdeli b. favorited DIY Rose Nail Art 28 Dec 18:16
- Muhaiminah Faiz favorited DIY Rose Nail Art 26 Dec 11:35
- Crafterella featured DIY Rose Nail Art 15 Dec 16:48
- Sam C. favorited DIY Rose Nail Art 13 Dec 20:47
- scalesandfishnails favorited DIY Rose Nail Art 23 Nov 22:01
- WisPa added DIY Rose Nail Art to Nails 22 Nov 22:23
- WisPa favorited DIY Rose Nail Art 22 Nov 22:23
- Matilde P. favorited DIY Rose Nail Art 21 Nov 18:37
For this particular design, I started with a black and white striped background. This is completely optional, you could truly paint any colors you want. Anyway, first step for painting roses is to use your lightest pink and paint a basic rose shape. One common misconception is to paint just a kind of circle shape. I think roses look much more realistic if you paint them on their sides, like how they are usually seen.