Roman shades on the cheap!!
I needed an easy solution on keeping the cold air concentrated in one room once I turned on the AC in my apartment so I started brainstorming. I first used a plastic tarp like they have in supermarkets to separate the cold areas from the hot minus the strips.
While the effect was great, visually was not. :O/ I thought about getting Roman Shades but I knew they were expensive and not decorative so I Googled "DIY Roman Shades" and Little Green Notebook's Make Shades ot of Mini Blinds page popped up! :O)
So I went to Target and brought the blinds and since they did not have any fabric to buy by the yard, I brought a medium weight fabric window panel long enough to fit my doorway. I hemmed and sewed the sides to fit the width of the doorway and then followed the rest of the steps. I secured the included anchors to the base of the doorway to keep the shade from swaying back and forth to keep the cold air in and the hot air out.
I must say it turned out way better that I expected and looks very professional. I showed my sister and she wants one too. This is going to turn out to be nice project to do with her and have some sister bonding time ;O)
- alp.zoey added Diy Roman Shade to Crafty/diy 18 Aug 06:36
- CountessAudronasha added Diy Roman Shade to Dracula's room 24 Aug 22:17
- linda M. favorited Diy Roman Shade 15 Aug 22:04
- Geli T. favorited Diy Roman Shade 21 Dec 16:39
- Maemi.Gojo added Diy Roman Shade to Around the House 02 Jun 07:12
- WaterAngel added Diy Roman Shade to For the home 05 May 05:55
- Jynx favorited Diy Roman Shade 27 Feb 00:37
- aloosh a. added Diy Roman Shade to Home2 25 Oct 20:20
- aloosh a. added Diy Roman Shade to Home 25 Oct 20:17
- bonii.thomson favorited Diy Roman Shade 16 Sep 03:53