Make your own Porch Potty. Great for apartment owners and lazy people!
I live in the mountains. Smack dab in capital N Nature. And Nature is dirty. Especially during Mud Season, which is a mini season between every-regularly -scheduled-program season. Every time we took our dogs for a walk, we had to throw them in the bathtub to de-Nature them. Also, I should admit right now that I am lazy. So, because of the mud and my inherent laziness, I came up with a DIY porch potty for my dogs to do their bizness. We put the porch potty on the deck and added a doggie flap to our deck door. LAZY.
- Susie M. added Diy Porch Potty to DIY 22 Jan 22:31
- Judy B. added Diy Porch Potty to TO DO LIST!!!! 18 Aug 00:04
- Melia P. favorited Diy Porch Potty 15 Aug 23:37
- bettiejane.crandall added Diy Porch Potty to thing to do 22 Jul 18:33
- bettiejane.crandall favorited Diy Porch Potty 22 Jul 18:33
- Katzilla commented on Diy Porch Potty 15 Jul 07:16
- Katzilla favorited Diy Porch Potty 15 Jul 07:16
- Cassie B. favorited Diy Porch Potty 13 Jul 02:21
- jessica.boulanger.10 favorited Diy Porch Potty 09 Jul 05:10
- Pelagaki E. favorited Diy Porch Potty 17 Jun 19:25
Measure the grass to the same dimensions as the washing machine pan. To mark it, tear off strips of tape and place it on the back of the grass mat as a cutting guide. Notes: washing machine drip pans are about 32" x 30" and 2" deep. You can find them at your local hardware store or online. For the grass, you can buy 3' x 3' rugs/mats online, or you can custom order sizes at most hardware stores.
Hints: To clean the grass, rinse it off periodically with a hose in the summer. In the winter, you can keep it clean longer by regularly spritzing it with a spray bottle full of vodka (yes, I said vodka. It's a wonder cleaner). When it really needs to be rinsed, clean it in the shower or utility sink. Regularly clean the kitty litter just like you would for a cat. Scoop out the clumps and replace the entire litter when necessary.