Create an accent bowl using paper.
This accent bowl costs next to nothing to make as it uses left over paper to form the the base of the bowl, yet the end result is very strong. Blow up a balloon to the size you wish your bowl to be and cut up newspaper into small strips.
- Deb E. favorited Diy Paper Bowl 17 Apr 00:18
- Pamela M. favorited Diy Paper Bowl 22 May 16:36
- Jen S. favorited Diy Paper Bowl 02 Mar 20:53
- Rachel B. favorited Diy Paper Bowl 15 Aug 18:25
- Markee R. added Diy Paper Bowl to Gatsby Party 19 Jun 09:45
- Katie .. favorited Diy Paper Bowl 24 May 14:30
- Janay S. favorited Diy Paper Bowl 05 May 20:34
- Katie T. favorited Diy Paper Bowl 01 May 04:27
- Marjorie T. added Diy Paper Bowl to Want To Do This 22 Apr 20:56
- Marjorie T. favorited Diy Paper Bowl 22 Apr 20:56
Using the mod podge as glue to stick the newspaper to the balloon. Apply the mod podge using a paintbrush, and continue adding newspaper until half the balloon is covered. After the first layer of newspaper several additional layers of newspaper will be required to make a strong bowl, but allow time to dry between each layer.
Next, clean your paintbrush of the mod podge and paint the inside of your bowl. I chose to paint mine with gold acrylic paint which is very shiny and looks like gold leaf without all the additional cost and hassle. For the inside of my bowl I painted two coats of gold acrylic paint.
Flipping the bowl upside down I then painted the outside of the bowl with matte black acrylic paint.