Your own ombre sweater~ but then cheaper:D
The look for less!
My sweater didn't come out the way I wanted to. The colour change is too subtle:P
Will try again with a different method. Stay tuned!!
- mmotse03 favorited Diy Ombre Sweater 24 Nov 07:21
- xcreepylicious favorited Diy Ombre Sweater 24 Jan 21:29
- Sarah A. favorited Diy Ombre Sweater 15 Sep 11:20
- Sarah Kim added Diy Ombre Sweater to TO DO 31 May 11:50
- Sarah Kim favorited Diy Ombre Sweater 31 May 11:50
- Katie - The Stylinguist added Diy Ombre Sweater to Fearne Cotton 10 Apr 17:04
- Krista B. commented on Diy Ombre Sweater 10 Mar 22:15
- Sanne E. replied to a comment on her project Diy Ombre Sweater 10 Mar 17:32
- Krista B. commented on Diy Ombre Sweater 07 Mar 16:05
- kelsey.brockerville favorited Diy Ombre Sweater 05 Mar 13:23
Prepare your sweater:
Make sure your sweater is clean (any stains will be visible!). Then emerge it in normal water so the fabric is thoroughly wet.
Prepare your die mixture:
Take 500ml of warm water and mix in the package content. With a spoon mix in well.
Prepare your salt bath:
In a large bucket or stainless steal container, fill with 6 litres of warm water (+/- 40°) and add 250 grams of salt.
Mix around until salt is completely diluted!
Add the die mixture to your salt bath and mix thoroughly with a spoon.
Emerge your sweater to how ever far you want the colour to be and hold it there for 10 min.
Move the garment a little out of the die bath and hold for 10 min again.
Move it higher and higher every 10 min until you reach 60 min total.
Use the picture as a reference tool. This will give you an even colour gradient.
Thoroughly rinse with cold water until the water runs clear.