When we wanted to add storage to our Rumpus Room, naturally we turned to everyone's favorite KALLAX from IKEA. But we didn't want to stop with just a boring old white credenza, so we wrapped it in wood and gave it a completely custom look.
- Felita T. favorited Diy Modern Wood Wrapped Credenza 07 Dec 01:39
- gettothepoint added Diy Modern Wood Wrapped Credenza to home decor 17 Dec 14:20
- Alissa B. favorited Diy Modern Wood Wrapped Credenza 29 Nov 20:17
- sallyc06 added Diy Modern Wood Wrapped Credenza to Sally's Pad 22 Nov 09:43
- amyistheparty favorited Diy Modern Wood Wrapped Credenza 19 Nov 18:51
- Kerry and Andy B. added her project Diy Modern Wood Wrapped Credenza to DIY the Room: Orla Kiely 13 Oct 12:50
- Kerry and Andy B. published her project Diy Modern Wood Wrapped Credenza 12 Sep 06:00
It’s a good idea to give the KALLAX a light sanding so that your wood will stick better. This really only applies if you’re going to glue the wood, which we did (in addition to nailing it).
Apply some wood glue, and glue the pieces of wood to the top. It was cheaper for us to buy three pieces of wood, which gave us almost perfect coverage with about a 3/4″ overhang all the way around.
Nail the wood pieces to the KALLAX. On the bottom you don’t need a middle piece, just two pieces for the edges.
Optional: screw casters directly to the bottom pieces of wood. We like being able to roll the credenzas out to clean underneath.