Give your fridge a metallic upgrade!
This is a quick and easy way to give your fridge some personality!
- Katelyn T. favorited DIY Metallic Magnets 22 Aug 23:55
- gettothepoint added DIY Metallic Magnets to CRAFT ideas 25 Feb 03:33
- Banndit1 added DIY Metallic Magnets to Upcycle/Recycle 16 Feb 01:05
- Banndit1 favorited DIY Metallic Magnets 16 Feb 01:05
- Kristen L. published their project DIY Metallic Magnets 29 Sep 13:34
First, and most importantly, I invested in a Rustoleum Comfort Grip Handle for my spray paint cans. The Comfort Grip Handle made spraying these magnets a sinch! I used the Rustoleum Ultra Cover Primer and Silver and Gold Metallic spray paint. As you can see, I ended up using Valspar instead of Rustoleum metallic paint. Unfortunately, after visiting two Home Depot's and ones Lowe's, I gave in and used a different brand of spray paint. There is really no difference between the two brands, and the Comfort Grip handle worked with both.
After letting the primer dry for another 20 to 30 minutes, I sprayed each group with the first coat of metallic paint (one group in silver and the other in gold). In total I sprayed the front side twice and the backside once. Make sure you don't spray a thick layer on the back to ensure that the magnets still work after the paint dries.