Some quality time with empty cereal boxes.
Another TapeSwell project! I am embarrassed to show the mess on the shelves on the bookshelf, that's designated for my youngest. ×__× I wanted to make something to keep many of her things together. I decided to reuse cereal boxes.
- jenny y. favorited DIY Cereal Box Organizer 26 Nov 00:17
- Sarah Sylvia S. favorited DIY Cereal Box Organizer 18 Jul 21:03
- Jen S. added DIY Cereal Box Organizer to Cate's room ideas 03 Mar 01:32
- Jen S. favorited DIY Cereal Box Organizer 02 Mar 20:36
- Dragana N. favorited DIY Cereal Box Organizer 14 Jul 09:47
- Melody K. commented on DIY Cereal Box Organizer 26 Apr 12:55
- jdk added DIY Cereal Box Organizer to my new work room 15 Nov 11:03
- Asadora S. favorited DIY Cereal Box Organizer 30 Oct 19:13
- Tahleena S. added DIY Cereal Box Organizer to crafting tips 16 Oct 08:51
- Ashley C. favorited DIY Cereal Box Organizer 28 Sep 01:32
1) Grab your empty cereal boxes and gently disassemble them. The inside of the box will be seen on the outside.
2) Use the ruler and measure 1 1/2"- 2" (depending on width of the box) from the spine of the box. From there, measure 7"-8" down, on a diagonal. Then from there, measure out again 1 1/2"-2" across to the edge of the box.
3)Repeat on the other side.
The reason for the paper clips, to hold the bottom flaps in place while it gets taped down. You can use the hot glue or E-6000 to glue it down first, then tape it.
After taping the bottom down, start wrapping the tape around the box. Make sure the ends of the tape get folded into the box (around the edges).
Tou don't have to cover the inside of the organizer. If you choose not to, HOORAY, you are done!
But if you are like me, the cereal logo was driving you nuts, and you felt it needed to be prettified, cover it up! You can cover it after decorating the outside (on the left), or decorate the inside first after cutting out the shape (on the right). Cut all edges off with the xacto knife.
The version on the right: you need work from the middle FIRST, decorate the outside of the box; fold all the edges of tape in; then continue to cover the logo.
**P.S.: The Doily Label Tape is SUPER STICKY & TOUGH!! Once it sticks to itself or on something else, THAT'S IT! You have been warned. LOL**Voil