Warm and Cozy Capelet!
It's winter and we're all looking for unique, warm wearable. Here's a great tutorial to sew a unique, bow capelet in an hour.
- da k. favorited Diy Large Bow Capelet 02 Feb 04:04
- Calah L. added Diy Large Bow Capelet to CLOTHES 31 Jan 17:42
- Alyssa D. added Diy Large Bow Capelet to Not quite but close 17 Jan 23:55
- The Woman favorited Diy Large Bow Capelet 15 Jan 20:16
- Emma H. favorited Diy Large Bow Capelet 12 Jan 18:27
- Kitsuné favorited Diy Large Bow Capelet 12 Jan 10:53
- Kelly S. favorited Diy Large Bow Capelet 10 Jan 16:00
- Kriskat favorited Diy Large Bow Capelet 08 Jan 07:07
- Crafterella featured Diy Large Bow Capelet 31 Dec 19:46
- Brandiwine favorited Diy Large Bow Capelet 26 Dec 21:48
Measure the width and height for the neck. Subtract 2 cm from both measurements. Measure how long you want the cape to be and add 2 cm extra to it. Mine was 15 inches so I had to cut 16 inches. Cut out a piece out of the fleece fabric, its width should be double the length of the cape and length should be exactly the length of the cape. I had to cut 32 X 16 inches fleece fabric.
Fold the fleece fabrics' width into half. Use a chalk to mark the neck and the main pattern of the cape (see picture). Cut along the marked lines. Similarly cut 3 more pieces. You can use a different fabric for the lining but since I wanted a real warm capelet I used the same fleece fabric for the lining.
After cutting the neck and main pattern of the fleece unfold them. Take any one of the 4 pieces and place the fleece fabric (unused) under it. Mark and cut out a rectangular piece out of it making sure its width is 3 inches more than the cape's width. This piece will be used to make the bow. Cut another small fleece fabric for the center piece of the bow.