Meet Owlivia Hootin' John - A softie that keeps you nice and warm!
Owlivia is an owl plushie that is microwave safe and makes a cuddly soft alternative to hot water bottles. Great for during the winter or "that time of the month!"
- MandiM22185 added Diy Heatable Owl Softie to Meg's Plushies 12 Jul 17:47
- Rebecca C. favorited Diy Heatable Owl Softie 08 Jul 07:06
- Jennifer J. added Diy Heatable Owl Softie to Sew-Wonderful 01 Apr 08:23
- rose.hilliard.50 favorited Diy Heatable Owl Softie 03 Oct 05:01
- jenifer.crandell favorited Diy Heatable Owl Softie 30 Aug 07:55
- Andrea K. added Diy Heatable Owl Softie to gift idea 18 Aug 17:15
- Phoenix M. favorited Diy Heatable Owl Softie 16 Aug 02:59
- heather r. added Diy Heatable Owl Softie to To-make list 07 Jul 20:00
- Pelagaki E. favorited Diy Heatable Owl Softie 01 Jul 12:38
- Moonlight favorited Diy Heatable Owl Softie 01 Jul 04:05
Draw a basic outline of the owl body shape with a 1cm seam allowance. Then draw a triangle for the nose, a circle for the eyes, feet and a wing shape.
Trace the patterns out onto the felt fabric and cut out 2 x body, 1 x nose, 2 x eyes, 4 x feet and 4 x wings.
Embroider the eyelashes onto the circle eye cutouts. Then sew the eyes onto the front body.
Sew the nose onto the front body, underneath the eyes.
Sew the 2 of the wing shapes together and stuff with the microwave-safe stuffing. Sew close and repeat with the second wing and the feet shapes.
Sew together a basic rectangle pouch shape with 1 of the felt sheets. (Use a secure stitch, such as the back stitch.) Fill with the flax or filling of your choice and whichever herbs you would like to use. Sew shut.
Begin sewing the 2 body shapes together, starting at the head and stopping before you reach the wings.
Start stuffing the owl as you go along and insert the flax pouch inside.
Sew the wings into the seam as you continue to sew the body shapes together, and the same with the feet. Leave enough room to stuff some more and sew close when you are finished.
Tada! To use: microwave for 2 minutes and she’ll be nice and warm. But be careful not to microwave for any longer than 3 minutes as it will overheat.