You will want to glitterise everything!
Every girl wants a sparkly pair of shoes, cut the high street price and DIY these yourself. You can spice up an old pair of shoes or make a new pair even better
Time is a mega guess as I did this projec over two sunny days to ensure the glitter was dry and stayed in place (be patient!)
This is my take on how to DIY glitter your own shoes. You can make any design, cover the whole shoe, or just sections, this can be used on any type of shoe, wedge, heel, boot etc.
- LoupLou added Diy Glitter Wedge to Florence Welch 24 Feb 18:50
- Crafterella added Diy Glitter Wedge to Jenny Lewis 27 Apr 10:31
- Aurelie L. added Diy Glitter Wedge to Chaussures 14 Mar 21:48
- Jessica S. favorited Diy Glitter Wedge 19 Jan 07:29
- Jessica S. added Diy Glitter Wedge to Shoe Tutorials 19 Jan 07:29
- kate.engstorm favorited Diy Glitter Wedge 26 May 17:10
- jorddelizabethh added Diy Glitter Wedge to Clothes Crafts 07 Apr 16:06
- Advitha K. favorited Diy Glitter Wedge 10 Mar 09:30
- Phoenix J. added Diy Glitter Wedge to Things I wanna make 16 Feb 22:16
- cristinakilljoyway favorited Diy Glitter Wedge 22 Nov 20:35
This looks very faint but has a nice elegant feel. You could leave your shoes like this but mine you could still see the highlighter mark so I ended up doing 3 layers.
Make sure you wait between coats for the paint to dry! I left these in the sun and checked often until they were dry to touch
If you are not happy with the look you can paint a small section of the shoe you want to cover with craft glue or pva and sprinkle more glitter over the top, this gives a more chunky look.
I did this
Use a lacquer hairspray to keep the glitter in place.
Carefully peel the masking tape off the shoe, very slowly to avoid pulling chunks of glitter away
Tap off the excess and use a protective spray to cover the shoe.