This tutorial shows you how to style up your boring wooden kitchen spoons!
Learn how to make these patterned wooden spoons with this super easy tutorial. They are so cute and would make a genius gift idea!
- Key West Witch favorited Decorated Wooden Spoons 12 May 15:11
- Pam added Decorated Wooden Spoons to DIY the Room - Bag End Kitchen 08 Nov 19:40
- Shannan G. added Decorated Wooden Spoons to Frida Kahlo Inspired Room 10 Jun 10:48
- Sarah Sylvia S. favorited Decorated Wooden Spoons 18 Jul 04:50
- Alissa B. favorited Decorated Wooden Spoons 05 Feb 02:21
- Alana S. published their project Decorated Wooden Spoons 03 Feb 09:00
Step 2| Dream up patterns
The first thing I did was brainstorm some patterns I would like to burn into my spoons. I doodled heaps of patterns and then settled on the top ones and the ones I thought would be reasonably simple to draw with the soldering iron.
Step 3| Burning the patterns into the wood
The next and final step was burning my chosen patterns into the wooden spoons and rolling pin. Beware the soldering iron is extremely hot so be sure to hold it by the plastic handle! At first I found using it quite clumsy, but after a bit of practice and trying out all the different techniques I needed to achieve each pattern it soon became much easier. One tip I do have is if trying to do a straight line try rotating the spoon rather than the solder, that helped me a lot. Another tip would be to use one of the spoons as a test……and practice drawing all the different patterns to find the best technique. And that’s all there really is to it, so easy. Just go wild with patterns and have fun!