Make this no-sew fabric headband!
If you're throwing a birthday party anytime soon, why not make this giant bow headband so that the guest of honor stands out from the crowd?
- Lynn L. favorited Giant Bow Headband 03 Sep 02:30
- Faint D. added Giant Bow Headband to Hair Acce 02 Apr 12:10
- Faint D. favorited Giant Bow Headband 02 Apr 12:09
- Nikola W. added Giant Bow Headband to inspirations. 19 Aug 15:12
- Jordyn N. favorited Giant Bow Headband 17 Aug 15:22
- Flo Di favorited Giant Bow Headband 17 Aug 04:35
- PetiteElefant favorited Giant Bow Headband 15 Aug 20:33
- snowdropandco published her project Giant Bow Headband 01 May 21:17
Step 1: Cut out your fabric - you need two 6" x 19" pieces, two 7" x 18" pieces, and one 6" x 6" square.
Step 2: Cut the iron-on adhesive into lengths to match both sides of all four rectangles.
Step 3: Following the directions on package, iron down the edges of the rectangles leaving a small gap (less than 1/4") between the edge of the adhesive and the folded edge. This will form the channel for the wire.
Step 4: Time to cut your wire; for the 6" x 19" rectangles cut the wire about 19 1/2" long. For the 7" x 18" rectangles, cut the wires at 21". Thread the wires through the channels on all rectangles.
Step 5: On the 6" x 19" rectangles, use your pliers to fold over the extra 1/2" of wire on one end of both rectangles.
Step 6: On the 7" x 18" rectangles, twist the wire onto itself creating a loop.
Step 7: Do the same for the second piece and line up the two fabric loops with the wires meeting in the middle.
Step 8: Twist the wires together, securing the loops into one piece. Use hot glue to secure the joint and gather the loose fabric over the joint, glueing it in place.
Step 9: Fold one end of the 6" x 19" rectangle over the joint. Use hot glue to secure it in place.
Step 10: Do the same for the second rectangle.
Step 11: Fold and iron the 6" square into a 4" x 2 1/2" rectangle so that no rough edges are visible.
Step 12: Wrap the small rectangle over the middle joint of the bow to create a fake knot. Use hot glue to secure it to itself, but be sure to leave the sides open like a tube.
Step 13: Trim the tails of the bow if desired.
Step 14: Slide the headband through the fake knot.