Cool flower shaped planters made out of old tires will bring a new life to your garden.
I don't know about you, but we have lots of old and used tires in our garage. They've been sitting there and gathering dust for years now, until we decided to clear out the whole place in order to make some space for our actual cars. Some of the tires were in a so bad condition, that there was nothing else left to do except to throw them away. But I managed to salvage a few, and I decided they would be great for my next project. And since I am a passionate gardener, I decided to make something, which is gaining lots of popularity lately – a flower planter. I've seen some of my friends using old tires around their backyards for different purposes, including swing sets and similar stuff, and I thought that it would be great to use them for planting beautiful and colourful flowers in them. So here's what I came up with:
- Sceven favorited Diy Flower Shaped Planter From Old Tire 23 Jan 23:04
- LYNNE C. favorited Diy Flower Shaped Planter From Old Tire 13 Jun 23:37
- Summer O. favorited Diy Flower Shaped Planter From Old Tire 19 May 00:45
- Adrienne S. favorited Diy Flower Shaped Planter From Old Tire 13 Oct 02:51
- briteisjones favorited Diy Flower Shaped Planter From Old Tire 18 Aug 14:21
- nina.eriksen.90834 favorited Diy Flower Shaped Planter From Old Tire 18 Jul 18:20
- Jane W. published her project Diy Flower Shaped Planter From Old Tire 15 Jul 21:25
Once the entire pattern is drawn on the surface, you can pick up the knife or hacksaw, and start cutting through the tire. You can start at the tread near the trim, and work your way around. Make sure the knife is non-serrated, because otherwise it will be a lot more difficult to cut the tire properly and you may destroy the whole thing unwillingly.
Now it's time for the hardest part. In order to make the tire look like a flower, you will have to invert all the triangles you have created with the knife. This means that you will have to pull out each triangle separately, until all of them start pointing to the outside. In order to do that, you'll have to place the tire on the ground, place your foot in the centre and start pulling. You'll need lots of strength to do that too.