A tutorial so simple, it doesn't need pictures!
I am in love with pastel goth and creepy cute styles, but the accessories are so expensive! I've wanted a pair of these bows for a while, but didn't want to pay over 8 dollars for them. So, one day I was browsing the craft section in Walmart and it hit me!
- Vi F. favorited Diy Eyeball Bows! 23 Oct 02:17
- Key West Witch favorited Diy Eyeball Bows! 12 Sep 11:51
- Raven Q. favorited Diy Eyeball Bows! 12 Jan 14:46
- Kaitlynn L. favorited Diy Eyeball Bows! 01 Sep 13:59
- Don v. added Diy Eyeball Bows! to DIY Ideas 24 Feb 08:18
- Xfluffy_unitatoX favorited Diy Eyeball Bows! 18 Nov 00:10
- lauren s. favorited Diy Eyeball Bows! 14 Nov 05:57
- Emma H. favorited Diy Eyeball Bows! 26 Oct 12:54
- laura_southpaw added Diy Eyeball Bows! to Wednesday Addams 06 Oct 20:41
- Marina V. favorited Diy Eyeball Bows! 03 Oct 10:29
Pick out 2 nice round glass beads. Paint the entire top (the rounded part) white. Let the paint dry between coats. I did about 3 coats.
After the final coat of white paint is dry, take a pencil and very lightly draw a circle in the middle of each gem. Make the circle about as big as you want the iris and pupil to be. Then, paint the entire inside of the circle the color that you want your iris to be.
Take your pencil again once the iris is dry, and draw the shape of the pupil. I made a standard round pupil, but you could experiment with lots of shapes, like stars, hearts, etc. Then take your marker and fill in the pupil.
Add details. Outline the iris in your pupil shade, draw tiny lines inside the iris, and add one or two white shines with paint. You can draw veins on the outside edges of the bead if you wish.
Once all the paint and marker on top of the beads is dry, glue them to your bows. I used E600 jewelry glue, but I think hot glue or super glue would work as well. Let the glue dry for at least an hour, just to make sure it holds and you don't get any in your hair... not that that EVER happened to meeee... :)
Wear it with style! The fun part about this project is that you can make bows to match any outfit you want. You can even make your own bows to glue the beads to, instead of buying them The possibilities are endless!