an updated dresser featuring a rustic wooden top
Need to update an old dresser from years past? A coat of paint and a rustic wooden top made from 2x6 boards gives an old dresser an updated sleek look.
- Victoria L. favorited Diy Dresser With Rustic Wooden Top 01 Jan 11:04
- Lisa S. added Diy Dresser With Rustic Wooden Top to Dream Room 16 Oct 23:14
- Lisa S. favorited Diy Dresser With Rustic Wooden Top 26 Apr 22:21
- Maya Kuzman favorited Diy Dresser With Rustic Wooden Top 21 Jan 17:50
- Kylie L. added Diy Dresser With Rustic Wooden Top to Furniture Makeovers 15 Nov 11:15
- Kylie L. added Diy Dresser With Rustic Wooden Top to Felties for my Grandbabies 15 Nov 11:15
- Kylie L. favorited Diy Dresser With Rustic Wooden Top 15 Nov 11:14
- HerNameIsAlixx added Diy Dresser With Rustic Wooden Top to DIY The Room - Palaye Royale 29 Nov 13:30
- Alissa B. favorited Diy Dresser With Rustic Wooden Top 30 Sep 18:07
- noche-estrellada added Diy Dresser With Rustic Wooden Top to Mori Girl Room 21 Sep 18:15
For the dark rustic wooden top: Ask the people at the home improvement store to cut the two 2x6x10s in half for you so they'll fit in the car.
Measure the top of the dresser. Then cut the four boards so that when they are placed next to each other on top of the dresser they'll overhang by 1 1/2 inches on the three sides. You'll also need to cut one of the boards lengthwise so it will sit flush with the wall.
Prepare the boards for the stain, by removing all sawdust. Then apply a coat of Old Masters Spanish Oak Wiping Stain to the boards. Let it sit for 5-10 minutes and then remove most of the stain with a clean cloth rag. Once the boards are dry to the touch, turn the boards over and repeat on the other side. Allow the boards to dry overnight.
Use a biscuit cutter and wood glue to attach the four boards to each other. If you don't have a biscuit cutter, then screw or nail the boards together.
Place a drawer liner on top of the dresser and then put the wooden top on top of the liner. If you have young kids, then screw the boards into the dresser. Otherwise, just let the wooden top rest on top of the dresser.