Let's give our shoes a summery look!
Learn how easy it is to dress up a pair of inexpensive flat summer shoes with embroidery floss to make your very own custom summer shoes.
- Alma added Diy: Custom Summer Shoes Embroidery to Shoes 19 Jul 11:37
- Jade S. favorited Diy: Custom Summer Shoes Embroidery 29 Sep 01:36
- Lindsey Mae favorited Diy: Custom Summer Shoes Embroidery 31 Jul 20:33
- Jen S. favorited Diy: Custom Summer Shoes Embroidery 13 Jul 15:40
- Jen S. added Diy: Custom Summer Shoes Embroidery to stuff for me 13 Jul 15:40
- Estelle C. published her project Diy: Custom Summer Shoes Embroidery 08 Jun 09:00
Sketch your pattern
You can skip this step if you want to make it exactly as per my pattern. But I would recommend it if you would like to try other colours or stitches.
Following your pattern but also your imagination and creativity, thread your needle with one of your colours and make all the pattern items in this particular colour.
My pattern is made of very simple stitches for which I do not think any details are needed as long as you know how to make one simple stitch.
Repeat with each colour.
Apply protective spray
As your embroidery will be quite exposed during the summer life of your shoes, I suggest using some protective spray to protect them from water and stains. Do this outdoors and let it dry there, as this does not smell very nice! The smell should disappear once it is dry, don't worry.
You are done! You can now wear your pretty custom shoes all summer long.