This was inspired by a tutorial I saw about turning a shadow box into a ring holder. I didn't want to make a ring holder so I padded some boxes for extra breakables. I made a video tutorial...its horrible. But whatever. It's alot of trial and error but I'm about to make myself one because I got so good at it :)
The boxes I used were 5 inches long on all sides and 4 inches deep. The squares you will see are 6x6 I believe, and the pannels for the foam strips are 3x7
The foam strips are 1x5. I had to cut the foam strips a few times so measure carefully and test them out for fit before you glue anything. Also be willing to loose some pins! Foam doesnt do well with glue or tape so pinning the cloth to the foam is the only thing I could think of and a way of making the fabric stay.
So good luck and personalize these things and I want to see any that are made from this tutorial :)
The pictures are just of my painting process, It's just alot of color layering and splatter.
The link where you can find the video tutorial
Please visit to see the inside of the boxes and the hard part of this gift.
- Jillian D. favorited Diy Cushioned Jewlery Boxes 02 Oct 17:25
- Taylor K. favorited Diy Cushioned Jewlery Boxes 11 Jul 00:49
- PussyCatZa added Diy Cushioned Jewlery Boxes to Jewelery 17 Jun 09:52
- Chelsea.Grin commented on her project Diy Cushioned Jewlery Boxes 13 May 23:12
- jessica.cresswell.71 added Diy Cushioned Jewlery Boxes to Lil projects 28 Mar 00:53
- Quiana favorited Diy Cushioned Jewlery Boxes 22 Jan 05:23
- redhat commented on Diy Cushioned Jewlery Boxes 05 Jan 22:07
- KraftyKonves favorited Diy Cushioned Jewlery Boxes 02 Jan 08:54
- Chelsea.Grin favorited her project Diy Cushioned Jewlery Boxes 01 Jan 20:37