DIY Crepe Paper Rose Bouquet
These stunning crepe paper flowers were inspired by gorgeous roses in full bloom that I spotted growing in my neighbors garden last summer. This design uses Italian floral crepe paper which is thicker and is a little more crinkly offering more stretch than ordinary craft crepe paper. But you can try this pattern with a variety of different crepe papers and the result will be beautiful. Using a paper coloured with an ombre gradient gives the flower a realness not found when using a solid coloured crepe. I’ve also used two greens - sage and a darker green leaf colour for variety in the stems. These would be stunning in a bridal bouquet of 10 or 12 stems or a smaller one for your bridesmaids, these handmade roses are a delightful addition to your wedding that will keep forever!
You can find the pattern below. Check out my other handcrafted lifestyle projects at liagriffith.com. Have fun!~Lia
- 107407_2F2015-04-01-193629-CrepePaperRosePattern.pdf 829 KB [ Download ]
- Key West Witch favorited Diy Crepe Paper Roses 06 Sep 14:30
- Alex Z. added Diy Crepe Paper Roses to Интересное 12 May 15:58
- Adila K. favorited Diy Crepe Paper Roses 01 Feb 02:15
- Jennifer P. favorited Diy Crepe Paper Roses 27 Mar 14:58
- Rebecca M. favorited Diy Crepe Paper Roses 12 Jun 23:27
- Sianey favorited Diy Crepe Paper Roses 24 Aug 12:57
- Chudames favorited Diy Crepe Paper Roses 27 Jul 08:16
- Karolin favorited Diy Crepe Paper Roses 23 Jul 09:10
- RareJewel favorited Diy Crepe Paper Roses 21 Jun 23:43
- Lisa Dawn Perry added Diy Crepe Paper Roses to Paper Flower Projects 18 Jun 14:40
Glue the remaining small petals around the centre piece. Glue the next 5 petals on, working your way around and around the centre as the bud becomes bigger. For rose buds jump to step 11.
Glue the next 12 petals around the base of the flower. Your rose will really start to take shape now.
Gently pull on the top edges of your petals to create a ruffle.
Starting at your green base, begin wrapping floral tape down the wire, stopping at one inch from the flower head. Add your leaves and continue to wrap downwards
For extra leaf stems glue two leaves at the top of your wire. Wrap with floral tape then add one or two more leaves on your way down.