Start saving in style!
It wasn't until I opened our junk drawer that I realized we had a spare-change problem. Loose coins, random baggies full of coins... something had to be done. Enter: the recycled, DIY coffee can coin bank!
I wanted something that actually complimented my decor to put in our entryway. Transforming an unattractive, metal coffee can into something I can happily display was both easy and fun. If you have spare coffee cans, it doesn't hurt to give this a try!
- Brigit favorited Diy Coin Bank 31 Mar 14:21
- Sherilynne G. favorited Diy Coin Bank 08 Oct 02:15
- Sofia favorited Diy Coin Bank 10 Oct 18:05
- the hunt of the unicorn added Diy Coin Bank to modpodge 16 Sep 20:09
- danaib1 favorited Diy Coin Bank 18 Jan 18:58
- tracey.martindale favorited Diy Coin Bank 17 Jan 19:31
- AshleyPahl published their project Diy Coin Bank 06 Dec 04:20
If your fitted plastic lid is either not a completely solid color, or if it is a color you don't like, spray paint the lid to compliment your paper covering.
On the inside of the lid, draw a rectangle with pencil, big enough to fit the largest coin you'll be depositing. Use a craft knife to gently and exactly cut along the lines.