Make your own Fancy Jewelry box with just a few items!
In this Tutorial, I will be showing you how to you can make your own elegant Jewelry coffin organizer to show off to your friends and keep next to your vanity. Perfect for your rings, bracelets or earrings!
I used four sheets of red felt but you can use any color you want. I think red, purple, blue and black work the best though :) I suggest to get more than four just in case you make a mistake in cutting.
- Barbara M. favorited Diy Coffin Jewelry Box 19 Jan 16:13
- Key West Witch favorited Diy Coffin Jewelry Box 07 Aug 20:03
- Mz.Green Eyed Beauty favorited Diy Coffin Jewelry Box 13 Apr 11:13
- Kaiulani W. favorited Diy Coffin Jewelry Box 19 Nov 01:52
- Kaitlynn L. favorited Diy Coffin Jewelry Box 20 Aug 14:30
- Key West Witch added Diy Coffin Jewelry Box to Macabre, but Love It, Housewares ..... 19 Mar 06:21
- Sarah Sylvia S. favorited Diy Coffin Jewelry Box 18 Jul 02:30
- Casey con Queso T. added Diy Coffin Jewelry Box to Sales Displays DIY 18 Jun 16:19
- Casey con Queso T. favorited Diy Coffin Jewelry Box 18 Jun 16:18
- Carina F. favorited Diy Coffin Jewelry Box 09 Mar 21:21
First, cut out some big and small pieces of your felt sheets. some of them I cut vertically and others I cut horizontally to make sure that I had enough pieces to fill the whole box.The point is that you want them all to be uneven so that they can fit in the box correctly.
You can also measure the inside of your coffin box from left to right to get more accurate width of the felt pieces you cut.
Next, start rolling up your cut out felt pieces like little cigarettes and glue them onto the inside of the box one by one. if there is a roll you've made that is too long to fit in the box, you can simply cut off some of the edges until you have a good enough size to fit in there.
If a roll you made is too small. fear not. because the lace that we'll be attaching later on will hide those flaws!
Also, becareful with hot glue and make sure it does not burn you!
And finally, all that is left to do is to hot glue the outer edge of your lace trim on top of the edges of the coffin. Press each part down as you glue to make sure that the lace is secure. And make sure the actual lace design is facing inward so that it's covering all the ends of the felt rolls that you've put in earlier.
Glue your lace all the way around the box until you've reached the other end of the trim already glued and then cut off the access lace.