Make simple citronella candles to keep the mosquitoes away this summer!
- liza.minelli.564 added Diy Citronella Candles to candles 03 Feb 04:33
- liza.minelli.564 favorited Diy Citronella Candles 03 Feb 04:33
- nina.b added Diy Citronella Candles to Will try 24 Feb 21:17
- vicky.mcnair.1 favorited Diy Citronella Candles 10 Nov 15:38
- Kaiulani W. favorited Diy Citronella Candles 21 Oct 02:38
- crystel.mcleod favorited Diy Citronella Candles 10 Sep 17:04
- KozmicBlues added Diy Citronella Candles to Idees pràctiques! 07 Sep 22:57
- Leah. favorited Diy Citronella Candles 07 Sep 11:47
- Ashley S. published her project Diy Citronella Candles 22 Jul 17:10
Tie your wick around the chopstick and cut it to the length of your candle containers. Don't worry about the extra length at the top - you'll cut it later. Also, make sure the wick goes all the way down to the bottom of the container and stays as close to the middle as possible. You can use hot glue to keep the wick in place.
Melt the wax using a double broiler (or the two pots with water in between method that I used here) . There should be directions on your wax container, but here are some general guidelines:
- when the wax melts, it takes up less space, so measure about double the dry wax that fits in each container
- melt the wax at a medium/low heat, stirring occasionally
- take the wax off the "broiler" as soon as it is a complete liquid