So Easy, You'll Wish You Did It Sooner!
This project is so easy! I had been thinking about doing something like this but never got around to buying the supplies. It was actually cheaper than I thought it would be.
I bought the canvas on sale for 40% off! It's just a plain pre-stretched artist canvas. And I picked up the chalkboard spray paint from Wal*Mart, for about $5.00. Everything else I had on hand.
I also got the chalk from Wal*Mart in the crayon/art area and for an eraser, just use a scrap of felt.
- nina.b added Diy Chalkboard to Interesting 08 Nov 11:21
- Elizabeth T. added Diy Chalkboard to For Future Reference 11 Jan 02:49
- Kali C. added Diy Chalkboard to helpful ideas 24 May 12:29
- Jenni added Diy Chalkboard to New House 19 May 03:23
- Serena C. added Diy Chalkboard to Summer Money 18 Apr 15:39
- Millie H. added Diy Chalkboard to Organize and display 22 Mar 22:37
- Kerri S. favorited Diy Chalkboard 02 Mar 02:54
- Leslie S. favorited Diy Chalkboard 14 Feb 06:17
- Caaryn S. favorited Diy Chalkboard 01 Feb 03:37
- Annakitsune favorited Diy Chalkboard 22 Jan 17:24
Paint your canvas-
Just lay it down outside on top of some newspaper (or somewhere with great ventilation).
Paint it once, then let it dry for about an hour. Paint it again, let it dry. Repeat until you have a nice thick layer of even paint. Mine only took about 4 layers.
Let it dry completely.