Bananas past their prime? Try this simple and luxurious breakfast spread!
- Tracy G. favorited Banana Jam 25 May 17:40
- Penny F. added Banana Jam to Baking 27 Apr 11:02
- CreativeGirl79 favorited Banana Jam 18 Mar 22:50
- KelliDroze added Banana Jam to Breakfast 15 Feb 19:05
- Meta H. added Banana Jam to cooking 06 Feb 03:48
- Kay Bay favorited Banana Jam 05 Feb 18:03
- DeadGirl favorited Banana Jam 05 Feb 06:44
- Flo Di favorited Banana Jam 05 Feb 06:25
- flavorrd published her project Banana Jam 09 Nov 23:02
Combine the bananas, sugar, water and lime juice in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir to combine and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 25-30 minutes, stirring frequently, until the jam is thickened enough that you are able to briefly expose the bottom of the pot while stirring. When this point is reached, remove the jam from the heat and stir in the vanilla. Transfer the jam to a jar and refrigerate.
Consume within 2 weeks. Canning is not recommended.