Back to School Pencil Bag
Sometimes it is just easier to go buy something rather than make it. Is it really saving you any money though? I think not! I love that so many things can be made yourself easier and cheaper rather than buying them. I am so in love with this new diy back-to-school pencil bag I made. It’s so easy and I made it in about an hour. I am sure the next one I make I will be able to make it quicker though. They are just that easy. This would be a great project for your kids to do during those last weeks before school starts. Crazy that summer has flown by so fast, and school is about to start.
- Julie R. favorited Diy Back To School Pencil Bag 27 Mar 04:05
- Ellen R. favorited Diy Back To School Pencil Bag 01 Sep 16:30
- RareJewel favorited Diy Back To School Pencil Bag 23 May 08:10
- JadeSucksAtLife favorited Diy Back To School Pencil Bag 01 Mar 09:06
- Annelie S. favorited Diy Back To School Pencil Bag 08 Jan 07:19
- Zach/Mel added Diy Back To School Pencil Bag to Cases 08 Sep 07:42
- Charlene Asay published her project Diy Back To School Pencil Bag 12 Aug 09:00
You Will Need
5th step: Pin the lining fabrics together and the outer fabrics together, folding the seam allowance and zipper toward the lining. Make sure to leave your zipper halfway open. Also I always put two pins right where I am leaving an opening. This way you don’t forget to leave it open.
6th step: Sew around the edges of the lining and outer fabrics, leaving an opening of about 2 inches on the bottom of the lining.
7th step: Snip the corners and excess zipper tape, and turn the bag right-side-out by pulling the outer fabric through the gap in the lining. After you do this, you may need to fiddle with it to get the corners all straight. I pulled the lining out a little and used my sewing machine and sewed the opening up with a zig zag stitch.