How to refashion a simple little black dress by adding lace.
How do you add some flair to a little black dress? Whenever I start digging through my closet for refashion possibilities, my mind starts racing, and I try to come up with ways to make something old into something new again. Here’s a simple DIY/refashion which was inspired by a pin I found on Pinterest (yes, I’m a DIY Pinterest junkie ;) ). This refashion would actually work with any type of plain dress or shirt as long as the material is a silky or jersey fabric (the lace tends to sew on easier if you’re working with good fabric).
For the DIY, I used an old black shift dress and a yard of guipure lace. Guipure lace is a heavier fabric which sews on really well. The larger pattern on this decorative lace also looks prettier when sewn on. Unlike the Pinterest photo, I didn’t have to cut a section of my garment, I just sewed the lace right onto the dress. The trickiest part to this DIY was cutting the lace diagonally from shoulder to side and then making sure I have a good cut for the bottom of the dress. Otherwise, this is a pretty simple refashion as shown in the photos below:
- Marisol H. favorited Diy: A Little Lace Dress 15 Jan 16:49
- Nimble G. favorited Diy: A Little Lace Dress 09 Aug 10:14
- Ajay I. favorited Diy: A Little Lace Dress 28 Jul 09:52
- MaryamWasim commented on Diy: A Little Lace Dress 02 Jun 07:51
- matthew t. favorited Diy: A Little Lace Dress 31 May 09:24
- Robyn A. favorited Diy: A Little Lace Dress 09 Feb 17:37
- RareJewel favorited Diy: A Little Lace Dress 06 Feb 07:45
- Eileen M. added Diy: A Little Lace Dress to DIY The Look 25 Nov 13:17
- Tierra T. favorited Diy: A Little Lace Dress 10 Nov 17:52
- Libby O. favorited Diy: A Little Lace Dress 08 Oct 12:32