Cheap and easy display case for jewelry or other little things
A friend of the family offered to sell my jewelry in her little store, so I needed a display case for it.
After sleeping on it I decided to grab a plastic box and make dividers out of a thick carboard sheet.
Note: Sorry for not being able to explain myself in some steps of the tutorial. I hope the photos compensate it.
- Rebecca M. favorited Display Case 05 Jan 16:54
- nina.b added Display Case to Will try 08 Nov 11:22
- Rebecca M. favorited Display Case 17 Aug 08:51
- nia l. favorited Display Case 22 Feb 01:43
- Kays K. favorited Display Case 12 Jan 01:59
- cristinakilljoyway favorited Display Case 28 Dec 20:22
- Jenna C. added Display Case to Storage 02 Dec 03:08
- Lady.Blasphemy favorited Display Case 27 Nov 04:58
- kiki w. added Display Case to Craft 2 sell 03 Nov 16:44
- Jillian D. favorited Display Case 02 Oct 17:24
The first thing you need to do is figure out how many gaps do you need/want.
Measure the box and cut as much cardboard strips as you need in the measures that fit your box.
I wanted 12 gaps (3 lines of 4 gaps each). My box is 24,5 x 18,2 cms, so I needed
2 x 23 cms long strips and
3 x 18 cms long strips
Once you have all the strips you need, measure the space you need between the strips of cardboard and make marks on them to know were you have to cut.
Hollow out the cardboard were you made the marks. I'm pretty sure I'm not explaining myself. Please look at the picture and work out what Im trying to say ;-)
Now is the time to decorate the case.
I did it with a felt-ish autoadhesive paper my sister-in-law lent me.
The base of the case is pretty simple: measure it and cut the paper.
For the strips I measured them and cut enough paper to cover them (again, please look at the picture). You will have to cut the little gaps again.